- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To provide the Services and first-class shopping experience, we collect information from and about you. During the past twelve months, that information may include the following categories of information:
- Contact Information and Other Personal Identifiers: This may include your name, email address(es), postal address(es), social media user names, and telephone number(s), including your mobile phone number(s).
- Payment Information: If you make purchases via the Services, we may collect your credit card number, expiration date, CVV code, and billing address but do not store your credit card number.
- Commercial Information: We collect your order and payment history.
- Browsing and Device Information: We may collect your IP address or another device identifier, the kind of browser you use, browsing information such as the pages and content that you visit, data analytics and other information regarding your interaction with the Services or our advertisements or location information from your device.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information like your age, gender, and income.
- Other Information: We may collect additional information including information you submit via chat or online forms, completing surveys or participating in sweepstakes.
Please review the rest of this Section 1 for additional context regarding the personal information Rue La La collects. Sections 2 and 3 provide details on the business or commercial purposes for which each of the above categories of personal information are collected and the categories of third parties with which the business shares the information.
User-Provided Information -
Registration with us is mandatory in order to place orders and fully use the Services. During the registration process (whether on our website or through downloading the mobile application), we collect personal information such as your name, email address or social media user name. Once you register, you have opted in to receive electronic communications from us, unless you were prompted to indicate consent to such communications at the time of registration in accordance with the applicable law in the country where you reside.
We also collect personal information when you choose to use certain other aspects of the Services, such as making purchases; electing to receive text messages about upcoming boutiques; promotions or events; or if you provide it in response to surveys, contests, sweepstakes or other requests. When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide additional personal information such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses, and credit card information, and we may request additional personal information such as your shopping preferences and demographics.
If you choose to invite an individual to join Rue La La, you will need to provide personal information about that individual, such as his/her name, email address or social media user name or provide us access to that information in your address book on a social networking site. We will use this information to send and follow up on an invitation to join Rue La La and to track the results of the invitation referrals. If the individual you invite registers for the Services, we will store this information and use it to confirm qualifying orders and other activities attributable to your account. You agree to invite-only individuals who consent to be contacted for these purposes and you will not invite anyone who does not know you or who is unlikely to recognize you as a known contact.
We may collect other information that you submit to us or that you have consented to permit us to collect or third parties to share with us from time to time.
Automatically Collected Information -
We may also gather information about how you interact with the Services, such as how frequently certain areas of our website or mobile application are visited, what products are reviewed and selected, order history, shipping program status, and other site navigation data and patterns. This information helps us to understand your interests and which aspects of our Services you find interesting.
Involvement of Others in Data Collection -
We may work with third parties to collect and analyze the information as described above and for other purposes described below.
Further, we may obtain information from others (including social media networks, advertising service providers and networks) that does not identify you personally or, if you have given that service or us permission to do so, information that identifies you personally. This information may be combined with information you have provided to us or that we or others have collected about you, so that we may maximize the benefit you receive from the Services and deliver advertising targeted to your specific interests on our websites and mobile applications and when you use other websites or mobile applications. Information about you also may be aggregated with other subscriber information for the purposes identified above.
We and our vendors may use technology such as cookies and web beacons in connection with these activities to identify you when you are online and to collect information about your online activities, such as the type of browser you use, the websites you visit and the content and advertising that you find interesting. Cookies are small text files that may remain on your computer's hard drive for a period of time that may be used to maintain data relevant to your navigation of the Internet, save personal settings and information, and track web browsing habits. Web beacons are clear picture files that you cannot see that we use to monitor traffic and track your activities on the Internet.
The following is a description of the four categories of cookies and examples of how we use them to provide you the Services:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to browse and use the functionality of a website and without them, the Services cannot be provided. We use these cookies, among other things, to recognize and maintain your logged-in status throughout your visit and manage your shopping bag.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Services, for example, pages that they visit and if they receive error messages. This information does not identify you individually and is used in the aggregate to improve our Services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember certain choices you make about how you like to use the Services and provide you a more personalized experience, for example, your shipping country and currency preferences.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver online advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They may be placed on the Services by us or by our advertising partners with our permission. For more on targeting cookies and your ability to control their use, please see Section 5 regarding Interest-based Advertising below.
We or our service providers may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you on your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our websites by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to members. They may be recognized by other websites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in several ways:
- Contact Information and Personal Identifiers, Payment Information, and Commercial Information:
- To facilitate the provision of the Services, including the purchase of goods or services, send communications about the Services and respond to questions or requests;
- To support and enhance your use of the Services and their features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Services and its features.
- Browsing and Device Information and Demographic Information:
- To give you a more enjoyable, convenient shopping experience, learn about your habits, personalize your user experience, and help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- To serve you ads tailored to your interests or to tailor ads that may be served to you when you visit other websites, mobile applications or social media networks; and
- To conduct market research, improve the Services and help us identify others who may be interested in the Services.
- Contact Information and Commercial Information, in combination with Demographic and Other Data:
- To protect the security and integrity of the Services and our business, including preventing fraud, hacking, and other criminal activity, or to meet legal obligations; and
- We may use the information we collect from you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may permit certain trusted service providers to access your information in connection with their performance of services to maintain and operate our websites and mobile applications and certain features on the Services.
- Contact Information and Personal Identifiers, Browsing and Device Information; and Demographic Information:
- We may store your contact information and commercial information with service providers who help us deliver the Services, for example, hosting the websites and mobile applications and operating various features of the Services.
- We may share personal identifiers, browsing information or demographic information to serve you ads tailored to your interests or to tailor ads that may be served to you on our website and mobile application, as well as other websites and mobile applications, and on social media networks.
- We provide email addresses and browsing information to email and marketing providers as well as analytics services to send email messages and analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
- Payment Information and Commercial Information:
- Your payment and commercial information with trusted payment processors, merchandise vendors, and shipping services who help process and fulfill orders.
Also, we may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates and across our various websites, apps and social media pages. Rue La La is a division of Retail Convergence.com, LP.
Occasionally, where permitted by applicable law, we provide our postal mailing list (consisting of member names and postal mailing addresses, but not email addresses) to other companies for purposes of marketing the Services or other products or services that may be of interest to you. In order to determine the information that may be of interest to you, the information that you give us and information about your order may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources.
We may transfer all or a portion of personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
We reserve the right to disclose information in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, administrative or governmental order, or any other requirement of law, or when we, in our sole discretion, believe it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of others, to prevent harm to persons or property, to fight fraud and credit risk reduction.
If you post, use a bulletin board, chat room or any other publicly accessible area of our websites or mobile applications, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in these forums.
We use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate, so that we can improve our Services and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
- CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION
- CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We offer you certain choices about the collection, use, and sharing of your information:
Marketing Communications - You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails. You may change your email address for receipt of such communications by going to My Account. You may choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications through our mobile app notifications and text notifications in the manner identified when you opt-in to receive those notifications.
Location Data - When you use our mobile applications, you may be able to choose not to share your location data by adjusting the applicable settings on your mobile device (the manufacturer or your service provider should be able to provide assistance). For additional information regarding location data and tracking, including how it may be used and how you may be able to opt-out of or otherwise avoid tracking by many third-party mobile analytics firms, visit https://smart-places.org/ and https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Interest-Based Advertising - As noted above, we may use the information you provide to us, and information we collect about your use of our products and services, to assist us and our partners in our effort to deliver you online advertising that is relevant to your interests. In connection with these activities, we may work with social media networks and advertising service providers who help deliver these ads to you.
Please also note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based, so you must have cookies enabled in your web browser, and they will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or change computers, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser. Once you opt-out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again. Mobile devices may involve unique advertising choice mechanisms. For more information, please see the Location Data above in this Section 5.
- ACCESSING, UPDATING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
We respect your right to access and correct your personal information. If you are a registered user, you may access and update your registration information through your MyAccount page. You may also manage your preferences to receive email or other communications from us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your friends and contacts may still choose to send email invitations to you. Any user who receives an email invitation to register may choose not to receive such invitations in the future by following the instructions in the email invitations and, in addition, if you are a member, you may also choose not to receive such invitations by changing your preferences as indicated above. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
You may also exercise your rights, subject to applicable laws, to request that we delete or restrict access to your personal data. We may need to retain data for legally permitted purposes and this will be explained to you if necessary. If you are a California resident, please refer to Section 11, Your California Data Privacy Rights.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Your credit card and other personal information is protected using secure socket layer (SSL) or similarly secure technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC or device. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
We also require you to enter a password to access your account. We recommend that you not disclose your password to unauthorized people.
- DATA RETENTION
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only so long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected, as necessary for our legitimate business purposes, or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified or anonymous.
- RIGHT TO LODGE COMPLAINTS
We are transparent about the ways in which we collect and use personal information and welcome your questions and concerns. If you have any concerns or complaints about the way we handle your personal information, please contact us at Legal@RueLaLa.com. To the extent you believe we have not addressed your concerns or otherwise choose to do so, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you reside and/or the United States. You may contact the US Federal Trade Commission regarding your concerns. For more information, please see https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc.
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
Our business is not directed at children, and we do not solicit or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Services. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, effective January 1, 2020, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you.
- The right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you in accordance with applicable law.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of any personal information we have collected about you, where applicable.
To submit a request to know or a request for deletion, you may send an email to email@example.com or submit a request form. You also may designate an authorized agent in writing to make a request on your behalf.
When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, and depending on the nature of your request, we will verify your identity by asking you for the email address attached to your member account, your billing address and the last four digits of a credit or debit card on file. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To request a list of the names and addresses of third parties to whom we disclosed such information during the preceding calendar year along with a list of the categories of information disclosed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Rue La La
20 Channel Center
Boston, MA 02210
Attn: Legal Department
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Rue La La
20 Channel Center Street
Boston, MA 02210
Last Updated: December 30, 2019
© 2008 - 2019 Retail Convergence.com, LP. All rights reserved.